Gadget Finder

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sony NEX-3

Wheeeeeeee! Finally got my Sony NEX-3 with the 16mm f2.8 pancake lens. I've waited so long for this lovely fella to be available at the shops. Been waiting impatiently since the NEX launch event I attended last month. It's finally here and in my pocket. :)

Here's a quick test shot after I brought it home. Just look at the lovely bokeh.

Photobucket


I've finally got my dream compact camera that's small, ultra wide at 24mm, has really high ISO capability and lotsa bokeh. I love my Leica D-Lux4 as a pocket cam but the thing about it is that it doesn't do high ISO and has absolutely no bokeh. This lil NEX3 is gonna be in my pocket all the time. I looooooooooove it. Will be taking a trip down to the beach now. Hopefully the weather is good so I can get some nice sunset pics with this new baby of mine. :)

5 comments:

Khairul Mohd Khalid said...

how does it feel in your hand, compared with NEX5 ? i am still waiting for mine...

Ian Ho said...

Both feel about the same to me. You have to pay extra just for the magnesium body and 1080i video. I don't need the video as I already have the best 1080p 24fps video in my EOS 5D mkII and I dont need the magnesium body.

beyond said...

Morning Ian, I got the wireless triggers yesterday. Thanks for the info :)

Next in line is the NEX, I m still deciding between NEX and Panasonic GF1.

Ian Ho said...

Get the NEX la. Got Canon adapters coming soon. Hehe. N the pancake n fish is just loooooooooooovely. GF1 pancake is so long at 40mm n I'm sure the ISO not as good too since the sensor is a lot smaller. The sweep panorama n 3 shot real HDR is damn nice too.

beyond said...

Hhahaha. You are really good in poisoning. Yeap. Think I ll get the NEX 3 too. :) Looking forward.