Gadget Finder

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gears Of War error- Solution



How many of you guys have tried clicking on "Play" and then getting kicked backed to the desktop with an error? I bet there's millions of frustrated people out there who gave up on playing the game after going through all that aggravation. I was one of those people. I've had this game since it was launched but never played it coz it simply wouldn't start. I gave up trying to play it after many attempts at reinstalling it.

Last night, I was cleaning up the shelf where I keep my games and found GOW sitting there. Reminded me of all the hair I pulled out trying to install and play this game. So............ I decided to challenge myself to get this game running or else I wouldn't go to sleep. I'm glad to say I've sorted it out at last. It took a whole night and day though. Not funny at all. EPIC games.................... you guys SUCKKKKkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC Phailure is what your company should be called.

Anyway, here's a step by step guide on how I solved it.

1. Install a fresh copy of Windows Vista and be sure to update to the latest SP2 update. Then install the required drivers for graphics, motherboard and sound.



2. Install Gears Of War. Be patient, this silly game takes a hell of a long time to install. Took about an hour on my system and I have a Raptor 150 HDD. I'd hate to think how long it would have taken on a normal HDD. It also requires about 10gb for the install so make sure you have enough space in the HDD.



3. Now you need to go and download and install the latest patch for GOW from here- http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/pc/qfe1.htm

Click on the part where I've put my mouse pointer in this picture-




4. Next up is the Windows Live update. Get it from here- http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Support/Pages/technicalIssuesGuide.aspx

Click on the part where I've put my mouse pointer in this picture-




5. Start the game and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Don't forget to log into you're Windows Live account first or you wont be able to save the game.

Hope this helps all the frustrated people who went through the same experience as me. Now, get into the game and let the fragging begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you liked this article or found it helpful, please check out the advertisements ya? Your support is much appreciated. :) :) :)

No comments: