Gadget Finder

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Super LED flashlight

I bought this super LED flashlight a few days ago. It's made of anodized black aluminum. Here's how it looks like.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

It cost only rm12(USD3.50). The packaging said it's a 3 watt LED. That's the thing that got my attention. I've been thinking of getting a Surefire flashlight with the optional 3 watt LED but that flashlight costs a bomb and the LED option costs almost as much as the flashlight itself. I had doubts about the 3 watt LED specification since it's so cheap. At such a cheap price, I had to give it a try.

Here's how the bulb looks like.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


It runs on 2 AAA batteries that fits into a cartridge.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Those of you looking for a flashlight, you have to try this flashlight. It's awesome. It's really, really bright. It's actually brighter than my Mini Maglite with a Katzeye LED conversion bulb. For rm12(USD3.50) this has got to be the best flashlight I've ever bought. Not only is it super cheap, it performs superbly too. I bought it from a shop called Mr Hardware. I'm sure many other hardware stores have it as well. Now, go out and get 1 for yourself.

2 comments:

Doug Folkerts said...

Hi Ian, Your flashlight post was the last straw for me. It's time to leave a comment and introduce myself.
My name is Doug Folkerts. I'm a television editor in Los Angeles, a photographer, and infrequent blogger. I first read your blog when I found your post comparing the LX3 and DLux4. I too will be attending an F1 race this year, (Montreal). So we have a few things in common.
I recently posted something about a flashlight I purchased so I thought I'd share it with you as I'm sure you can appreciate it. Check it out at http://dougfolkerts.com

Take care

Doug

Ian Ho said...

Doug, your flashlight is a whole lot nicer than the $3 one I just bought. Hehehe. But it's so cheap, I bought 2 more so I have 1 in the car, garage and house now.